Snoring is common in adults. According to the recent estimates, forty percent of men and twenty-five percent of women snore on a regular basis. There are many reasons for snoring. You can blame your weight and sinus for continuous snoring. However, you can minimize the symptoms by using CPAP, BIPAP, and anti-snoring mouthpieces.
The anti-snoring oral mouthpiece devices can suppress your snoring either by pushing your tongue or moving your jaw forward. If you want an easy and cost-effective solution without visiting a doctor, you can buy an anti-snoring mouthpiece for starters.
The other options are continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) and positive airway pressure (BIPAP) machines. When the CPAP delivers a stable stream of air depending on your prescribed pressurization rate, BIPAP delivers at the variable pressurization rate depending on the user’s breathing patterns. These machines are very effective. However, these are expensive. Moreover, you need a prescription to buy any of these two machines.
CPAP, BIPAP, and Stop Snoring Mouthpieces: Pros and Cons, Costs, Effectiveness
All the above three are effective to reduce the symptoms of snoring. The functioning will be different. Anti-snoring machines are relatively hassle-free as well as cost-effective. They work by creating physical barriers between vibrating tissues and soft tissues in your mouth and throat. Other two types are different and customized.
• Cost-effective and hassle-free
• Does not demand a prescription
• Can be effective for all
• Does not require any kind of medical procedure
• Not loud
• Easy to maintain
• Dry mouth & excessive salvation
• Soreness and stiffness in the lower jaw
• Can be used for a maximum period of two years.
CPAP vs. BIPAP
• Very effective for sleep apnea including breathing loss episodes and snoring, particularly CPAP is very effective for mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea.
• More effective than anti-snoring mouthpieces
• Can be used for a long time with a little maintenance
• BIPAP can target a lot of issues in addition to snoring that includes congestive heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder, and central sleep apnea
• CPAP machines are easy to use
• Demands a customized fit
• Cannot be purchased without a prescription
• Demands medical procedure
Which one is more comfortable among the three?
Though CPAP and BIPAP are more effective and customized, still, they lack the required comfort. These are inconvenient and less comfortable. It is difficult to sleep with CPAP and BIPAP machines. But when you will compare CPAP and BIPAP, you will find the later more comfortable. In many cases, doctors suggested CPAP due to its high effectiveness. But people prefer BIPAP for its comfort. They do not need to fight against the machine while exhaling.
Conclusion on the best stop snoring devices
What do you think? Do you find any of these helpful to treat your snoring? All these devices are designed to eliminate snoring. You can choose any depending on your preference. While choosing any of them, you need to go through all the features to avoid discomfort. More importantly, it is not suggested to use these devices for a long time to treat snoring. Instead, you should visit your doctor to find out the root cause and get treatment. Regular use of anti-snoring devices will create lifelong dependence and you need to avoid it.